BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETINGS 2006
Basic agenda and additional notes.
CONTACT: Sharp Secretary

Board of Directors Activity

2003 Agendas
2004 Agendas
2005 Agendas
2006 Agendas
2007 Agendas

Bylaws

NOTE: A few days after the last meeting the basic agenda for the next meeting will be added to this window. Until the FINAL agenda is posted here you can add suggestions to it by sending them to the meeting's chairman. On the calendar you will see the deadline for those suggestions and the date the final Agenda will be posted.

TOPICS FOR FUTURE MEETINGS:

  • 2257/Adult Laws

This page is printable. (Or copy and paste what you want into your word processor before printing.)

Durk Dehner PRESIDENT & COFOUNDER Jay Jorgensen
Mike Goldie CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER Mark Nelson
Scott Sharp SECRETARY

 


12/03/2006

BOARD MEETING (CANCELLED)
01:00 PM

Expected to attend:

Dehner M (in Paris?)
Goldie Y
Scott Y
Jorgensen Y
Sharp Y
Nelson ?

Babcock Y
Louis Jay M (usually not available on Sundays)

CHAIRMAN: Jorgensen

NOTE: Ask Cathy Bagwell to assist in writing the amendment to the bylaws for "Phone-ins".

1.

Call to order.

2.

Roll Call.

3.

Approval of previous month's minutes.

  • Approval of November '06 minutes.
  • Minutes from the August '05 meeting from Goldie should be approved.

4.

Finances.

  • Financial Report
  • Membership Report
  • Grants, Gifts and Donations
  • Where is the Foundation?

5.

Events & Projects.

6.

New Business.

  • ToFF long distance calling.
  • ToFF e-mail policies.

7.

Old Business.

  • Report from Dehner on art storage locker on premises.
  • Present financials on Dehner's trip to Europe.
  • Update on Artist-in-Residence.
  • Advisory Board: Brian Crede?
  • New teleconferencing equipment.
  • ToFF Art Sales Dept. Head.

8.

Adjournment.

 

 


11/18/2006

BOARD RETREAT (Board meeting to follow)
Was tenatively scheduled on 10/22/2006.

See Core Group Meeting

11/18/2006

BOARD MEETING
03:00 PM - 06:00 PM (unless mutually agreed to extend)

Dehner Y
Goldie ?
Scott Y
Jorgensen ?
Sharp Y
Nelson Y?

Babcock Y
Louis Jay Y

CHAIRMAN: Scott

ELECTIONS: President; Chief Financial Officer (Treasurer); Secretary; Members.

NOTE: Ask Cathy Bagwell to assist in writing the amendment to the bylaws for "Phone-ins".

NOTE: This might be a good opportunity to review ToFF's CONTACTS & DIRECTORY to update and change names/posisitions and/or fix "dept. heads" and committe members.

1.

Call to order.

2.

Roll Call.

3.

Approval of previous month's minutes.

  • Approval of September '06 minutes.
  • Minutes from the August '05 meeting from Goldie should be approved.

4.

Finances.

  • Financial Report

5.

Events & Projects.

6.

New Business.

  • Decision on how to keep the Foundation on fiscially sound guide lines.
  • ToFF long distance calling?
  • Foundation art sales.
  • ToFF e-mail policies.

7.

Old Business.

  • Report from Dehner on art storage locker on premises.
  • Present financials on Dehner's trip to Europe.
  • Update on Artist-in-Residence.
  • Advisory Board: Brian Crede?
  • New teleconfrencing equipment.

8.

Adjournment.

 

  • A break follows the "Retreat" then a two hour Board Meeting with Louie in attendence and also possibly Mark Nelson if we can give him notice right away.
  • If Jay Jorgenson, Louie Jansky and Mark Nelson can get back to me asap and hopefully say YES, then we have a few weeks to plan and get all the stats together and also to enjoy some time together on a Saturday.
  • The Board Meeting part of the day will deal with the voting in of new officers and the examination and decision on how to keep the Foundation on fiscially sound guide lines with changing circumstances with the last two Art Fair Weekends........ completing by 6 p m unless all parties agree for it to go on longer.This will be based on the Board having in hand all ToFF reports for the entire year by one week prior to these meetings.

 

 


11/02/2006
Postponed

BOARD MEETING

To be incorporated into Retreat on 11/18/2006.


10/01/2006
CANCELLED

BOARD MEETING

PLANNING TO ATTEND:
Dehner Y
Goldie ?
Scott Y
Jorgensen ?
Sharp Y
Nelson ? (He should be able to "attend" by phone if the new teleconfrencing equipment is in place) Who will contact him?

Babcock ?

CHAIRMAN: Scott

ELECTIONS: President; Chief Financial Officer (Treasurer); Secretary; Members.

NOTE: Ask Cathy Bagwell to assist in writing the amendment to the bylaws for "Phone-ins".

1.

Call to order.

2.

Roll Call.

3.

Approval of previous month's minutes.

  • Approval of September '06 minutes.
  • Minutes from the August '05 meeting from Goldie should be approved.

4.

Finances.

  • Financial Report

5.

Events & Projects.

6.

New Business.


7.

Old Business.

  • Report from Dehner on art storage locker on premises.
  • Present financials on Dehner's trip to Europe.
  • Update on Artist-in-Residence.
  • Advisory Board: Brian Crede?

8.

Adjournment.

 

 


09/10/2006

BOARD MEETING

PLANNING TO ATTEND:
Dehner Y
Goldie N (out of town) SENDING PROXY
Scott Y
Jorgensen Y
Sharp Y

Babcock Not able to attend.

CHAIRMAN: Mike Goldie (leaving for Hawaii) Goldie does not wish to name new Chairman. Dehner will be asked. Dehner says yes.

NOTE: Last elections 09/11/2005.

1.

Call to order.

2.

Roll Call.

3.

Approval of previous month's minutes.

  • Approval of August '06 minutes.
  • Minutes from the August '05 meeting from Goldie should be approved.

4.

Finances.

  • Financial Report

5.

Events & Projects.

6.

New Business.

  • The pursuit of an art storage locker on premises.
    (Not discussed at previous meeting.)
  • Defining ToFF "jobs": Artist in Residence.

7.

Old Business.

8.

Adjournment.


08/13/2006

BOARD MEETING

ATTEND:
Berkowitz N
Dehner Y
Goldie Y
Scott N (flight will not get him here on time)
Jorgensen Y (will he be able to attend afterall?)
Nelson ? (Dehner will contact)
Sharp Y

Babcock Y (circumstances permitting)

07/30/06 This will be a regular Board Meeting. Move the date from the 6th to the 13th. Sharp will find out who is available and if this will work. Dehner will chair meeting and he and Sharp will do up agenda.

07/27/06 Who will be here from NY? Who is inviting everyone? Who can attend? Who will chair? The agenda/schedule will be drawn up by whom? Where will the retreat be held? What hours?

06/26/06 Dehner suggests making this meeting the "Retreat" if the NY guyz can make it out here.

*CHAIR: Dehner
Discuss at meeting who will chair the next meetings and who will put together agendas.

NOTE: Berkowitz will be on the east coast for most of the month of August, and will therefore miss the meeting. Since the retreat is a forward-looking event, Berkowitz feels there's no need for him to be there.

Berkowitz suggests that this would be a good time to have a Board member chair the meeting, to get an idea of who would make the best replacement for him.*

NOTE: "Phone-ins" (and proxies) have counted towards constituting a quorum. Should the bylaws be amended to specifically state this?

1.

Call to order.

2.

Roll Call.

3.

Approval of previous month's minutes.

  • Approval of July's minutes.
  • Minutes from the August '05 meeting from Goldie should be approved.

4.

Finances.

  • Financial Report including report on ToFF's portfolio.
  • Update on licensing monies coming in.

5.

Events & Projects.

6.

New Business.

7.

Old Business.

  • Advisory board. Who will sit on it? What will they do?
  • Report on staff meetings.
  • ToFF House Repairs. Repairs to date and new estimates.

8.

Adjournment.


07/23/2006

BOARD MEETING
1:00 - 2:30 PM

07/22/07 Dehner volunteers to chair meeting.

07/18/07 There seems to be some confusion about this meeting. This is not the "Big" meeting but the regular Board meeting. Babcock needs to know who can attend so he knows whether or not there will be enough on hand.

NOTE: "Phone-ins" (and proxies) have counted towards constituting a quorum. Should the bylaws be amended to specifically state this?

NOTE: Berkowitz, Sharp,, Goldie, Dehner, Jorgensen & Babcock will be available.

1.

Call to order.

2.

Roll Call.

3.

Approval of previous month's minutes.

  • Approval of previous May's minutes.
  • Minutes from the August '05 meeting should be approved.

4.

Finances.

  • Financial Report
  • Review of licensing agreements. [WE NEED A NEW TEAM INVOLVED IN LICENSING WITH DEHNER. IT MAY BE OTHERS OUTSIDE OF THE BOARD.]

5.

Events & Projects.

6.

New Business.

  • Information on additional expenses on the care of the property.
  • The pursuit of an art storage locker on premises.
  • Choose the direction ToFF is moving in over the next five years.

7.

Old Business.

  • Advisory board

8.

Adjournment.

Gary Feldgemaker says he will be on Advisory Board.
Charles Lohman? Lynn DeShields? ? Who will contact these?


07/02/2006
Postponed

BOARD MEETING

06/26/07 Dehner suggests changing date to 07/23/06. Babcock will check to see if everyone is available.

*CHAIR: TBD

NOTE: "Phone-ins" (and proxies) have counted towards constituting a quorum. Should the bylaws be ammended to specifically state this?

NOTE: Scott will be in Florida (phone in?). Berkowitz will be flying back from the east coast, won't get in until late afternoon and will therefore miss the scheduled 07/02 meeting. Berkowitz suggests that this would be a good time to have different Board members chair meetings, to get an idea of who would make the best replacement for him.*


06/04/2006
Postponed

BOARD MEETING

06/03/2006
Berkowitz says we should hew to the bylaws if they specify a quorum of five, which we clearly do not have for tomorrow. Therefore, there will be no Board meeting.


05/07/2006

BOARD MEETING
12:30 PM - 2:00 PM

This meeting is critical because of the upcoming New York events, and the necessity of making decisions about Tom's Bar before we head to New York.

We will try to put together the retreat for a day after we return from New York - either in June or July. The June Board meeting is a posible date for a full-day retreat. June 25 is a possibility, as is the July Board meeting date and July 9 also seems clear.

Cathie Bagwell says she will be on Advisory Board.
Charles Lohman? Lynn DeShields? Gary Feldgemaker? Who will contact these?

1.

Call to order.

2.

Roll Call.

3.

Approval of previous month's minutes.

  • Approval of Feburary & March 2006 minutes.
    Approval of August 2005 minutes.

4.

Finances.

  • Financial Report
  • Review of licensing agreements
  • Products to be distributed to Board
  • Taxes?

5.

Events & Projects.

6.

New Business.


7.

Old Business.

  • Durk's compensation
  • Advisory board

8.

Adjournment.

04/30/2006

BOARD MEETING - POSTPONED
10:00 AM - 5:00 PM

The annual Board Retreat

04/27/2006

Cliff B. is not available on Saturdays.
People who have indicated interest in helping out with Foundation activities to be invited:
Keven Smith keven_smith@yahoo.com
Joel Powers joel_h_powers@yahoo.com
Louis J.
Sharon Furman
Michael Kirwan
Cliff B.
Roger Warnix
Tony Payne
Sharon Miyamura miyamuras@yahoo.com
Joe Hilton
Jay Lawton
Richard W.
Volker Morlock

04/26/2006

The retreat has been postponed. ( Dehner will be in NYC ) Dehner hopes to find a location in town (L.A.) that can accomodate everyone. Bob C. & Tom M. says their place is not available. Dehner wants to discuss the new direction of ToFF and include Kirwan, Louis and Kevin and others - not just the Board.


04/09/2006

BOARD MEETING
RESCHEDULED: Some board members will be out-of-town, so business intended for this meeting will be conducted on 04/30/2006.


03/12/2006

BOARD MEETING
3:00 - 5:30 PM

Minutes from the August '05 meeting should be approved.

Dan Berkowitz will not be able to attend. Due to some outside circumstances we will be starting the meeting at 3 PM. We will have some dinner on hand to feed you all.

1.

Call to order.

2.

Roll Call.

3.

Approval of previous month's minutes postponed to next meeting.

4.

Finances.

  • Financial Report
  • Review of Licensing Agreements

5.

Events & Projects.

  • Commanders Dinner: recap.
  • Mr. Sister Benefit recapHow to spend the funds.
  • Spring Dispatch
  • NY "21st" Fundraiser
  • NY EAFW
  • San Diego Fundraiser(s)
  • LA Fundaisers: Faultline/ Gauntlet/ MJís/
  • Men of Color
  • WHLA EAFW

6.

New Business.


7.

Old Business.

  • Advisory Board - how do we set it up and how who is to be on it (Cliff B.) and how are they utilized? (Cathie Bagwell?, Gary Felgemaker?)
  • Report on Insurance for Laveta HQ.
  • Salary for Director.
  • Update on potential fall honorees
  • New Foundation rooms @ Laveta House

8.

Adjournment.

02/05/2006

BOARD MEETING
1:00 - 3:00 PM

Goldie and Scott will be out of town, and Nelson is in New York. Jorgensen, Dehner, Berkowitz and Sharp will attend so we will have a quorum.

No Planning Meeting is scheduled before the meeting so the items will be included in the BoD agenda.

Goldie is looking into the minutes from the August '05 meeting so they can be approved.

1.

Call to order.

2.

Roll Call.

3.

Approval of previous month's minutes: September, October, December and January

4.

Finances.

  • Financial Report
    Retire Morgan Stanley debit?
  • Review of Licensing Agreements
    Products to be distributed to Board?
  • Investment of money: CD? Requirements (Cathie, attorney)?

5.

Events & Projects.

6.

New Business.

  • Reprinting Passport?
  • Michael Kearns benefit proposal
  • JPG's e-mail and gallery links

7.

Old Business.

  • Advisory Board - how do we set it up and how who is to be on it (Cliff B.) and how are they utilized?
  • Improvements and maintenance costs for Laveta HQ.
  • Report on Insurance for Laveta HQ.
  • Salary for Director.
  • Foundation's acquisition of room in house/garage office/office re-do
  • Computer problems
  • Update on potential fall honorees

8.

Adjournment.

01/08/2006

BOARD MEETING
1:00 - 3:00 PM

1.

Call to order.

2.

Roll Call.
2A. Vote to officially remove Gerald Vitagliano from the Board

3.

Approval of previous month's minutes.

4.

Finances.

  • Financial Report
  • Review of Licensing Agreements
  • Products to be distributed to Board?
  • Investment of money: CD? Requirements (Cathie, attorney)?
  • Engell firm to be approached about finances redesign
  • Capital Campaign Brochure: by Commanders Dinner

5.

Events & Projects.

6.

New Business.


7.

Old Business.

  • Improvements and maintenance costs for Laveta HQ.
  • Insurance for Laveta HQ.
  • Assistant for Director.
  • Salary for Director.
  • Foundation's acquisition of room in house/garage office/office re-do
  • Computer problems
  • Policy on photo documentation of events and programs (hand-out)
  • Discussion of potential fall honorees (hand-out)

8.

Adjournment.